First off, I would like to say thanks to all of the new folks who have stopped by over the past week! A post I wrote last year about Athletic Training started circulating again like crazy, and the response from social media was pretty overwhelming throughout the past several days. So thank you for stopping by, and hopefully you’ll stick around!
At about this time last year, I wrote a post about my fitness wish list. To be honest, many of the things on that list are still on my wish list, but I’ll try not to repeat myself too much. No, I’m not asking all of you to buy me Christmas presents, but hopefully you can use my list to pick out some gifts for the health conscious folks in your life! My one piece of advice though, is to not overdo it on the fitness/health gifts unless you know that someone is interested in all of this. In a perfect world, everyone would be excited about these types of gifts, but some people can get a little insulted when given gym gear, so if you don’t know someone very well, give fitness gifts with caution!
- Running Tights – I did put these on last year’s list, but they are a go to if you have any fitness minded females in your life. Good quality running tights/leggings can be pricey, but they are a good investment. You get what you pay for, so it’s important to pay for a better quality product that will provide compression and that won’t turn sheer or fall down every time you bend over. That being said, there is no need to spend over $100 on Lulu gear, in my opinion. Under Armour (linked in last year’s post, mentioned above) makes my favorite tights, although Athleta Odyssey Chaturanga tights are a close second.
- In fact, speaking of Athleta, a gift card to there would be greatly appreciated by any female fitness enthusiasts that I know. Nicer than Lulu, in my opinion, and not quite as pricey (although still a little higher than I would like to spend), their gear is cute and performs well. What more can you ask for?
- High Visibility Gear – If you are shopping for someone who runs, bikes or works out outside, high visibility gear is a must. As much as we think drivers can see us in their headlights, the truth is, they often can’t. Additionally, there is much less daylight during the winter months, and even during the day the sky us often a grayish color, which can really white out surroundings. This can blind drivers to smaller things (like people on bikes). Flourescent and reflective gear is a valuable thing to have for anyone who works out outdoors. New Balance has a great High-Vis line, as do most fitness apparel companies these days.
- New Balance Vapor Glove – I have these, and I absolutely love them. They are touch screen sensitive, and the entire palm side is covered with reflective “NBs”, perfect for hand signaling while on a bike. I wear these while running stadiums in the coldest weather, and although they are super light, they always keep me warm during outdoor fitness sessions.
- Bike Lights – If you have any cyclists in your life, and they don’t ride with lights on their bike, take the initiative to change that. My fiance and I have both been hit by cars while cycling, and I have a few friends who have also been hit. If you know someone who cycles regularly, especially on the street, a nice bright bike light is not only a great gift, but could potentially save their life! A bright headlight like the one shown in the link above, as well as a bright red tail light (preferably with blinking capabilities) are important pieces for any road cyclist.
- New Balance Cooling Sport Towel – I have one of these and use it all the time! I was a bit skeptical when I first bought it, but it seriously does stay cool for hours, at least throughout my entire workout. All you do is run it under cold water, wring it out, and boom! a cooling towel for a little relief in between sets of your killer workout.
Make sure to check out last year’s list if you don’t see anything you like here! Although I don’t need anything for Christmas, gifts like the ones listed here are the things I’m absolutely lusting over these days. Gone are the days of wanting toys and gadgets, now it’s all about the workout gear. But like I said above, not everyone is like me, so be careful not to offend when giving someone fitness centered gifts!
What’s on your Christmas wish list? What is your favorite brand of workout gear?
Disclaimer: Nothing about this post is sponsored. None of the companies here know that I’m writing this, or that I even exist. I most certainly did not receive anything for writing this post, these are all just my opinions and some of my favorite brands/products. Happy Holidays!